NXTGEN have an outstanding opportunity for an operationally bias Finance Business Partner to join a mightily impressive Peterborough based business. This organisation is an established global leader in it's field but they continue to innovate and push boundaries, entering new markets as well as expanding in those they already operate within. The business also prides itself on it's people and the career development prospects it can offer so you can expect additional progression with time.
As Finance Business Partner, you will work closely with a range of senior operational stakeholders mainly within the Supply Chain business unit, providing quality and detailed insight on financial performance. You will look to be at the forefront of cross department meetings, driving better business decision making from a financial and productivity standpoint. As Finance Business Partner, you will also deliver month end reporting and submissions, ensuring all budgets and forecasts remain up to date and accurate. There will also be an opportunity to work with stakeholder on Capex projects and it will be the role of the Finance Business Partner to not only ensure these projects remain on budget, but also deliver the required ROI and productivity for the business.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
- Ownership of the Supply Chain department P&L and balance sheet reporting, working with budget holders to provide insight on financial performance
- Ownership for all Capex appraisals and projects, ensuring that the Capex strategy will generate the required ROI
- Review supply chain processes and costs, working with operational leaders to identify potential efficiencies and cost savings
- Understand the wider ESG and environmental impact of current supply chain processes to ensure sustainability is at the heart of decision making
- Ensure the necessary financial controls are in place to deliver consist and quality financial data across the operational and supply chain teams
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with strong stakeholder engagement and financial reporting skills. You will demonstrate excellent Excel skills and will be confident analysing large volumes of data, before utilising this information to influence key decisions. Previous experience using complex scenario based financial models would be significantly advantageous within this role. Candidates will have ideally worked within a fast paced Manufacturing/FMCG/Engineering environment previously, although this is not essential. An inquisitive mind and a desire to positively impact the operational arm of this business will be key to succeeding within this role.
The successful candidate will be joining a hugely impressive business with a fantastic outlook for the future, offering incredible career development opportunities.