NXTGEN has a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Finance to join an expanding and specialist Manufacturing business based in Huntingdon. The organisation is in an exciting phase in it's life cycle with great growth projections in the short and medium term, and the Head of Finance will work closely with the Managing Director to drive the business towards these objectives. Leading a small team, the Head of Finance will remain hands on at month end and will work with the team to ensure that the reporting deliverables for the business are on time and to a high standard. The Head of Finance will also form part of the Management team, working closely with operational and commercial teams to drive business improvements and continued profitability.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Lead the delivery of the month end close for the UK and subsidiary businesses, working with stakeholders to provide them insight on financial performance vs plan
- Lead annual budgeting and forecasting, identifying opportunities for increased performance before sharing these with the Management team
- Play a key role in the design and delivery of the companies financial objectives alongside the Managing Director
- Work with commercial and operational teams on cash flow forecasting of Capex projects and ensure effective cost control
- Ownership for all technical submissions at year
The successful candidate will ideally be CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified with prior experience of working within an SME business advantageous, but not essential. You will be confident working as part of a leadership team influencing high level decisions and company strategy. It is expected that the successful candidate will have strong IT and Excel skills along with previous experience of liaising with senior stakeholders and management. Additionally, any experience of working in the manufacturing industry would be beneficial.
For the successful candidate, an excellent career opportunity awaits within an company that is growing in size year on year.