Following a successful internal promotion, NXTGEN are supporting one of Peterborough's flagship employers in their search for a new Treasury Risk Manager. This key internal role will be pivotal to ensuring the wider finance team have access to accurate and up to date FX and hedge positions, enabling better business decisions. As Treasury Risk Manager, you will work closely with the Group Financial Controller to design and deliver the organisations treasury strategy, working closely with the group team to ensure it meets with the Financial Control Framework. You will lead on all FX and commodity hedge positions to maximise the companies cash position. The Treasury Risk Manager will also provide technical accounting and reporting guidance for all treasury related activities.
Key responsibilities within the Treasury Risk Manager will include:
- Responsibility for the review, design and execution of hedging strategies across both FX and Commodities, with a strong consideration for business risks
- Maintain company Treasury documentation and policy notes on risk management and hedging strategies, ensuring compliance with the group Financial Control frameworks
- Lead on all period end reporting of debt and derivatives as well as hedge accounting in accordance with IFRS
- Completion of all FX forecasting and re-forecasts when adjusting for exchange rates
- Work closely with the executive team to advise and influence future hedges to maximise cash position
- Ensure the Treasury and Finance teams are kept up to date on currency positions to enable more commercial business decisions
The successful candidate will hold either an accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) or will be a qualified Treasurer (ACT or equivalent). You will have a proven background working within leadership teams and working closely with senior stakeholders and executives to drive Treasury strategy. A good technical mind set and experience would be desirable with a knowledge of IFRS 9 significantly advantageous but not essential. Experience trading in GBP, USD and EU would be beneficial. You will be a proven leader too with prior experience managing small and high performing treasury functions. Excellent Excel skills will also be key given the need to undertake in-depth analysis on treasury activities.