NXTGEN have an outstanding opportunity for an FP&A Manager to join one of Peterborough's flagship employers. Having had a very successful couple of years, business growth looks set to continue and the successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring the business meets it's medium and long term financial objectives. As FP&A Manager you will utilise your technical and commercial mind set to deliver detailed financial performance data across group, working closely with divisional businesses to enable effective and improved decision making. You will be a key member of the team at month end, producing monthly management information reports including budget and forecasts before analysing variances vs the medium and long term plans. The FP&A Manager will also work closely with business unit leaders to review Capex projects and reporting to ensure that all projects costs are reviewed appropriately and remain on budget.
Key responsibilities of the FP&A Manager role will include:
- Timely delivery of all month end management reports including insight on business performance vs plan
- Significant involvement in the annual budgeting and forecasting processes, working closely with the wider business to collate information for the final group report
- Review Capex reporting deliverables, ensuring all projects are accurately recorded within the Capex system
- Proactively identify potential improvements within the reporting tools and systems, raising these with the Head of FP&A
- Work closely with the Finance Analyst to review group wide Capex appraisals and ensure they have an appropriate business case.
Candidates will ideally be recently qualified accountants (CIMA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with a background in management accounting and/or reporting. You will be inquisitively minded with a desire to understand the key drivers of this global business to provide improved financial insights to group leaders. A working knowledge of Capex and experience reviewing Capex proposals would be significantly advantageous. Advanced Excel skills and the ability to analyse significant volumes of data will be key to succeeding in this role and candidates will ideally have had prior experience using financial models. You will need to have confidence partnering with senior stakeholders to provide insight on wider business financial performance.