NXTGEN Recruitment are pleased to be supporting a local SME business based in the heart of Norwich who seek a Bookkeeper to join the business on a part time basis. The role is a part time position up to 25 hours per week. You will be playing an integral role as the bookkeeper and will be joining a small team. You will be supporting in the preparation of yearly accounts prior to submission to the company accountants along with completing transactional duties as required.
The business has done well over the last 18 months and this addition is to help support one other in the finance function. You will work closely with the MD of the business in helping keep all finance related duties and queries in check.
The main duties are:
- Preparation of yearly accounts prior to submission to Company accountants.
- All banking reconciliation, including company credit cards.
- Managing and administering the company pension scheme, uploading all pension data to the pension administrators on a monthly basis.
- Administering supplier payments and the processing of invoices.
- Compiling, completing and submitting the Company's VAT return.
- Credit control - chasing customer payments and reconciling payments received.
- Manage and process the company payroll using SAGE 50 - verifying timesheets/overtime payments, NIC and PAYE.
You will be able to complete all bookkeeping duties listed above and will come from a similar role. Qualification is not needed but experience in a similar finance function is a must. You will be able to work effectively as part of a small team but be able to show your independence when needed. This is a varied role so you will have to show an ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines. Apply today